Friday, February 5, 2016

Avery Elle Stamp - Viking!


Hiya!!

I’m popping in quickly today to share another project that I created using the latest Avery Elle Winter Release products!  Today’s project features a small but mighty stamp set called Viking – and I’m here to tell you, he’s so fun and cute, you’re going to want to take him home with you!

2-5-16-Viking

Is he not the most adorable little viking you’ve ever seen?!!  He’s got a face only a mother could love!  LOL  Here’s how I created my project:

  1. Trim an A2 vertical top-folding card base from Sno Cone Card Stock, score at 5.5”, fold in half and perfect crease with a Teflon Bone Folder.
  2. Stamp the viking image from the Viking Stamp Set using Tuxedo Black Dye Ink onto some Solar White Card Stock.  Color it with Copic Markers and die cut it with the Viking Elle-Ments.
  3. Trim some wood grain card stock and adhere them to the card base to create the viking ship.
  4. Die cut some aqua vellum into waves using the Dotted Borders Elle-Ments.  Adhere them to the bottom of the card base.
  5. Die cut the pierced heart from red and white striped patterned paper (Jewel Collection Paper Pad) using the Scalloped & Pierced Heart Elle-Ments.  Punch slots at the top and bottom of the heart and slide a trimmed piece of woodgrain card stock through the slots to create a sail.  Use a few stacked foam squares to prop the center of the sail.  Adhere the sail to the card base with foam squares.
  6. Die cut a flag from Solar White Card Stock using the Bunting Elle-Ments.  Adhere it to the top of the mast with a foam square.  Die cut a pierced heart from Cherry Card Stock using the Sweet Scallops Elle-Ments and adhere it to the center of the flag with a Quickie Glue Pen.
  7. Die cut two larger circles and two smaller circles from Silver Foil Card Stock using the Double Pierced Circle Elle-Ments.  Adhere the smaller circles to the center of the larger circles with foam squares, and adhere them to the viking ship with more foam squares.
  8. Round the two bottom corners with a Corner Chomper.
  9. Adhere the viking to the card base with foam squares.

Now come ON!!  Does he not just crack you up?!!  What man wouldn’t like this for Valentine’s Day?  I know my hubby would like him.  But honestly, as long as I don’t give him a pink card, he likes everything I make.  He’s sweet like that.  LOL  I’ve listed all of the products that I used below.  Please click on through to the Avery Elle Design Blog for more amazing inspiration from my teammates!  There’s some good stuff over there, I tell ya!

That’s it for me today, friends!  I’m still plugging away in my craft room trying to keep my head above water.  But having the time of my life in there, too!  Paper and stamps make me happy – what can I say?!  Have a super great weekend – thanks so much for starting yours off here with me!




5 comments:

Karen B. said...

Such a fun card!

Geri said...

You really are amazing! How in the heck do you come up with these incredible ideas? That Viking dude looks pretty darn focused on his valentine delivery mission! Awesome shading on the waves!

Shirley said...

Cute card!

Cheryl B. said...

Karolyn, I love the way your mid works. I was look forward to my "paper therapy" session.
Your cards are good for what ails ya. Keep 'em coming!

TK said...

So cute and fun!