Thursday, October 8, 2015

Guest Design Gig–Waltzingmouse Stamps!


Hello stampy friends!!

I’m so excited to share some projects that I created for the sweet and generous Claire Brennan and Waltzingmouse Stamps.  I’ve been an admirer of Claire’s since she started in the stamp business several years ago.  Actually, I was a fan of hers long before she decided to start Waltzingmouse Stamps.  I have a very clear recollection of some beautiful “quilt” cards that she created that literally came to life with all of her creativity!  I was blown away at her precision and detail and knew then that I had to follow this woman and her work! I also recall that at some point in our friendship she mailed my husband some “Crunchies” all the way from Ireland because he’d been to the dentist.  Apparently Crunchies are a good remedy for dental emergencies!!  LOL  But her kindness touched both of us from that point forward.  When Claire contacted me a few months ago and asked if I’d consider guesting for her, I didn’t even hesitate!  So for the next four weeks, I’ll be sharing some projects that I created with Claire’s beautiful stamps and dies.  Friends, meet Waltzingmouse Stamps.

Waltzingmouse-Stamps-Guest-10-8-15

This project came together just exactly as I had envisioned it.  I am in love with the clean and precise lines of the vines and graphic roses in the Simple Sprig Stamp Set.  Are they not so cool?!!  And that sentiment from the Hello Happy Thanks Stamp Set?  Be still my heart!!  It’s got just enough romance to pair perfectly with the floral images.  And I’ll just mention quickly that the Waltzingmouse Stitched Rectangles and the companion Scalloped Stitched Rectangles have managed to move right to the front of my all time favorite matting dies.  They are simple perfection.  Here’s how I created this project:

  1. Trim an A2 top-folding card base from Berry Sorbet card stock; score at 5.5”, fold in half and perfect the top crease with a Teflon Bone Folder.
  2. Die cut the scalloped panel from vellum using the Scalloped Stitched Rectangles Die.  Adhere to the card base with foam squares.
  3. Die cut an image panel from Solar White Card Stock using the Stitched Rectangle Die.
  4. Emboss the double stitched frame die into the lower third of the image panel.
  5. Using a MISTI tool and executing the rock and roll technique, stamp the vine from the Simple Sprig Stamp Set using two green dye inks.
  6. Position and stamp the sentiment from Hello Happy Thanks Stamp Set using black dye ink.
  7. Again using the rock and roll technique, stamp the roses from the Simple Sprig Stamp Set using two pink dye inks.  Die cut them out using the companion Simple Sprig Dies and adhere to them to the vine using foam squares.  Color the blooms with a Clear Wink of Stella Pen.
  8. Position and adhere Sparkling Clear Sequins to the image panel with Multi Matte Medium.  Adhere the image panel to the vellum panel with foam squares.

There you have it!!  I was pretty stinking happy with how this turned out!!  I hope Claire likes it as much as I do!  I’ve listed all of the products that I used below.

That’s it for me today, friends!!  Big thanks to Claire and Waltzingmouse Stamps for having me as their guest!  I look forward to sharing more projects with you here on my blog on Thursdays for the rest of October!  Thanks so much for stopping by today - I hope you’ll come by to visit again, soon!!


3 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

What a darling card, and dream gig, Karolyn!! I am happily looking forward to more, and more Waltzingmouse cards!
=] Michele

Lori Barnett said...

Beautifully done. Even more amaxing in person! Love the shimmer on the flowers. How long did it take to figure out where to place the sequins? ! LOL! Love ya dude!

francesca said...

beautiful card!!
I'm doing my first GIVEAWAY over at my blog! Be sure to check it out!! :)